4 Doctors Park Road
Mt. Vernon, IL 62864
Whether you’ve suffered an injury at work or on the field, are recovering from surgery or just want to better manage your pain, Crossroads can help.
The rehabilitation program features physical therapists and occupational therapists who can provide care on an inpatient and outpatient basis. We work closely with you and your primary physician to design a tailor-made plan to treat your pain and restore movement, balance and strength. We place special focus on education and arming you with tools and strategies to prevent re-injury.
Personalized Programs to Get You Back to Your Life
Rehabilitation specialties at Crossroads include:
- Physical Therapy: We provide comprehensive exercise and strength and conditioning therapies for severe arthritis, orthopedic trauma and other bone and joint injuries. The team also includes specialized spine therapists trained to help relieve neck and back pain.
- Occupational Therapy: Licensed therapists help you regain the ability to perform daily tasks and improve quality of life following an illness or injury. We simulate work stations, as well as home living situations for activities such as bathing, grooming, meal planning and housekeeping. Along the way, your therapist will provide progress assessments and make any adjustments to maximize your success.
- Speech Therapy: We assess and help treat communication problems and speech disorders. Speech therapy may be needed for speech disorders that develop in childhood or speech impairments in adults caused by an injury or illness, such as stroke or brain trauma.
- Pre- & Post-Operative Therapy: If you’re scheduled for a procedure like joint replacement, our program is designed to make your recovery as successful as possible. Prior to the surgery, your doctor may have you participate in “pre-hab”, with exercises designed to strengthen muscles around the joint. Following your procedure, you’ll be seen by your therapist in the comfort of your private room. Though everyone’s different, we’ll work to get you up and moving the same day as surgery, and help you achieve your goals throughout your stay. During this time, we’ll also evaluate you to determine if ongoing outpatient therapy and/or home health care is needed, and will coordinate all care.
- Lymphedema Treatment: Lymphedema is swelling that generally occurs in one of your arms or legs. It is most commonly caused by the removal of or damage to your lymph nodes as a part of cancer treatment. It results from a blockage in your lymphatic system, which is part of your immune system. The blockage prevents lymph fluid from draining well, and the fluid buildup leads to swelling. While there is presently no cure for lymphedema, it can be managed with early diagnosis and diligent care of your affected limb.